My Book Locked out

Can anyone help please. My Book works fine on my desktop PC. I can move and copy files etc, but when I plug it in to my laptop, which I purchased it for… I can see the files etc, but I cannot add files. I cannot do a thing with the drive. I need this drive for travelling doing my work. I have tried re-installing the software, although I have misplaced the original CD.

Every time I try to add a files, the ERROR Message pops up. THIS DRIVE IS WRITE PROTECTED. PLEASE REMOVE WRITE PROTECTION OR USE ANOTHER DRIVE. I can see no indication of where to remove such protection. By right clicking on properties, no tab appears for removing protection.

Any info appreciated.

What OS are the desktop and laptop using. A drive formatted NTFS for Windows is readable on a Mac but not writable.

Joe

Hi

Both systems are running Win 7. Ive tried formatting the drive, but neither system will allow it, strangely indeed…

Did you go into the drive’s properties and check sharing permissions? They can be a real pain in Vista and Windows 7. Try giving full permission to everyone.

Joe

Hi

tried changing the sharing permissions, comes up with the same error.