My Book Home Edition 2tb is no longer recognized or accessible in explorer after a software update

Yup, I figured that all out reading the forum and answer id’s. 

It is too bad that WD software update did this to my external drive unless, of course, you have the tech explanation how that is not possible.  At the moment, the only variable from one minute to the other was the software update.  Therefore, I blame WD for this situation.  As far as I am concerned WD should be held responsible for my data recovery costs.

In any case, the question remains how and why the WD software update corrupted my partition.  And, most importantly, why is there no utility to undo this fiasco.  Obviously, I am ignorant of the tech side, so I that I am unaware of the meaningful or meaninglessness of my question.

The bottom line is that I updated my software in good faith and got a destroyed partition in return, which will cost me more than $300 to rectify.  Then, I will have to pay the money to send in the warranty drive for exchange.  This was a great way to ruin my days and productivity.  Will I bare a grudge?  Most certainly.  Is it rational?  Sure, why not?

Anyway, onward to glory.