My Book Essential, no USB 3.0 speeds

The mybook essential when connected to a USB3.0 port gives this message:

Mybook essential 2TB usb 3.0 

Im using the original USB 3.0 Cable that came with the drive 

The drive is updated to 1.016 via firmware update

Serial starts with: WCAZA272xxxx

Windows 7 SP1 32bits  

Generic PCI express USB3.0 card (tried two, both work on another computer) 

the USB 3.0 port (nec/renesas) driver version is  2.1.27 (latest)

the USB3.0 port firware is 3.0.2.8.0.8 (latest)

motherboard is Asus P7P55-M

What can be wrong?

Thanks!! 

Is USB 3.0 enabled in BIOS? Does it show up in Device Manager?

Joe

Joe, this motherboard does not have native USB 3.0 ports, I used a generic PCI-Express card as posted above.

I purchased two of them, Im using the other one with a gigabyte motherboard and another 2TB Mybook (exact same model) with no problems 

Thanks!!

[edit] Here is my device manager, you can see the USB3.0 renesas there

any idea on what can be done to solve my problem?

I can’t think of much else to try except updating the USB 3 controlers and check card manufacturer’s site and see if there is anything there.

Joe

just updated to current firmware and the problem remains, it would be great if someone is able help me out. Thanks!

I am having the same issue. I have a add in card. The reason I purchased the add in card was not for speed increase. The drive would hang my computer on the logo screan and you would have to unplug the drive until it rebooted. Note when it hanged up it was plugged up to a usb 2.0 port. I never recieved the below message until I installed the new add in card. I have had some performance issues since I installed the card. I have updated all drivers. Only thing I haven’t done is updated the firmware in the wd usb my book essential drive.

If it’s hanging on boot check the BIOS and make sure USB loads after main HD.

Joe

I would also check your mother board manufacturer and see what they say about usb 3.0 cards.  check for compatibility issues.  I’d also check the usb 3.0 card manufacturer and see if there are any issues with certain motherboards.

try a older driver, i had alot of issues with latest renases drivers, try the 1.0.19 driver

http://nwgat.wordpress.com/2011/03/23/necfresco-logic-usb-3-0-controller-drivers/