Occasional Visitor
libirm

My Book® Essential Edition denied access

This drive is hooked up to my router as a network drive

I cannot change ownership of this drive- I am the admin. of my computer.

It will not allow me to place folders or files onto it, it denies me access

How do I change ownership of this drive to me while own the network.

When it is connected to my computer directly I do not have this problem

Thanks

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

Re: My Book® Essential Edition denied access

I'm not sure this model will work as a network drive.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
WaterTiger

My Book® Essential Edition ACCESS DENIED

I'm having issues accessing MY BOOK - ACCESS DENIED.

I change the "security" settings under "sharing" to hopefully set a password so ONLY I could access my external "My Book Essentials" by going into the Properties, then Security, then taking out "EVERYONE" and left only me : "USER: my name here"  and it immediately blocked my ability to pull the files up by going to My Computer, G:\ , then My Book...

I went into "properties" and instead of seeing about 10 tabs now I only see about 5..."Security" is no longer one of them.

I only have "sharing" to work with and I took several steps to try to add "Administrator" (aka me!!), "USERS", "SYSTEM", etc. but non of the steps I took worked. How do I regain access to my book through my computer?

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

Re: My Book® Essential Edition ACCESS DENIED

You didn't mention your OS this is for Windows 7 http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vist...  maybe it will help. The Sharing Permissions in windows 7 and vista are a real pain. You might also need to take ownership. Try a search on that.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD