Lost space!

I have a My Book Essential 3.0/USB 3.0 hooked to my system running Windows 7 Ultimate. I don’t know what I was thinking but last night I used the system Disk management to shrink my drive to carve a 500GB partition. As soo as it was done shrinking I knew something was wrong becuase new 500Gb uninitialized section was under a Black Band and when I right clicked it, all options like simple partition etc. were disabled. When I clicked the other section in order to try to expand it back, I could not becuase of the 2 TB limit!! Now I can’t deletin the partitions and re-initialise the disk because I have 1.5 TB data in one of the partitions and I have no where to move it. Is there any software I can use which will simply let me expand the working partition of the 3TB HDD or let me initialise the 500 GB lost space? I installed partition magtic 8.0 but it doesn’t show my external HDD at all!! Please help! Thanks!

Maybe the free version of EaseUS will work for you http://www.partition-tool.com/ 

Joe