Is it possible to disable RAID controlers on My Book Pro Edition II

and use it as regular external HDD without instaling any additional drivers???

Not aware if possible. If you just want to use the full capacity of the drive, you can just change the Raid configuration to Raid 0 using the RAID utility that comes with the drive.

I am already using it on Raid O settings,

but I would like to connect it to the network USB hub,
coz now
I can only share it from my comp.
and I like to turn my comp. off at night

Well I’ve used drives that way before, but unfortunately they were not RAID drives like the one you have. Have you consider getting a Network drive like the MyBook Live, also you can try the drive that comes on the unit with a sata to usb connection or enclosure.

NOP
I have used this drive for video editing 4 years ago,
now it´s just fully loaded with tons of anime

i have small and nice USB network hub with Essentials connected to it
works like a charm
would be cool if I could coonect it to it

Unfortunately, you won’t be able to use the drive as is without using the RAID controller on it.  You will need to set it to either RAID 0 or 1.

However, that said, it should still read the My Book Pro.  How do you have it formatted?  It’s possible that your USB network device may not like the type of format you are using.  The old My Book Essential was released in a FAT 32 format.  The newer ones in NTSF.  The old My Book Pro was released in a HFS+ file format.  If it’s still in HFS+ format, you may need to check the USB network device documentation to make sure it recognizes a Mac format.

1 Like

It supports FAT32, NTFS & EXT2

My MyBook is in NTFS format.

Did you ever get the device to read? 

NOP

It doesn’t get recognised by the hub at all.

Essential and passport work just fine.