HDD access from multiple user/locations

Hi!

i just bought an external HDD (My Cloud Mirror 8TB) that both hardware and managing software works properly, however, i have problems to access when i’m not connected at home. Below i’m going to explain in detail my case.

The HDD is connected to a router (always on) via Ethernet cable in my home (Location 1). When i’m at home i use my laptop and i login as Admin into the WD My Cloud and My Dashboard software without problem. However, when i try to repeat the same operation in my work (Location 2), i cannot access because apparently the system did not recognize any connected device.

A second issue it is also related to access but this time is to the user. I tried to create a folder to share with specific user that i created giving read/edit permissions to access from my work (Location 2) with a different laptop, but still cannot access because even after receiving the access validation email apparently there is something missing in the activation process.

I have been reading the manual but seems that is something wrong, any clue about how to solve both the connection and user access?

Thanks a lot!!

Hello there and welcome to the WD community

Try checking on the dashboard and verify that the status of remote access says that it is connected. If the status says connected try to access the unit from a mobile device and see if it is accessible from there.