Files Not Backed Up

I wanted to post an interesting update— The issue did reoccur; occasional, most recently used Word docs and Excel files will display in the Back Up tab as Files Not Backed Up. I have a hard time believing I must reinstall the Netframe software, because I know that it was very recently properly installed and all other aspects of my PC are working flawlessly and I meticulously keep the OS up to date. I am far from being an expert, but as of now, here is my take on this rare problem: I think that the problem can be safely ignored. As I have observed in a prior post, eventually, the situation seems to self-clear. Not only that, but I have specifically gone to the Retrieve tab and albeit, sometimes after a delay of a few minutes or a few hours, I consistently do find that the files (in all their latest and prior versions) do show up in the retrievable files directory tree. I have tested the retrieve function on these files and on other files, and the system is successfully pulling the backed up files over to my designated location to restore them on my C drive. Therefore, I think that what is happening here is for whatever reason, the WD software is simply temporarily confused about recent files, or perhaps something that is in process takes a bit more time to complete, thereby triggering these phantom messages that certain files are not backed up when in fact they are. My verdict: ignore it and monitor your ability to retrieve files. Althought the WD tech support folks have been very kind, and they do have a case number assigned to this for me so that I can call them back any time free for further resolution, I am for the time being just going to let the sleeping dog lie. I am way too busy to mess with this further unless it escalates. Nevertheless, I just wanted to post this update today just in case it might help someone else who is also experiencing this odd issue.