External Drive not dead... but not connecting to PC PLEASE READ!

Hi everyone and thank you so much for reading my post!

I’ll get right to the point

I have a 3tb Western Digital My Book Essential it’s about 3/4 years old and I use it as a backup to my photography sessions and my website. Last night I plugged it into my PC and I just got a blinking light “White” I did a little troubleshooting seen below

1. Change the USB cord

2. Change the power cord

3. Restarted Computer

4. Turned on the power button on the drive

None of this worked I then went on to remove the hard drive from the case and installed it onto my desktop as a second drive. I booted up the PC and looked at My Computer no drive. I then went into Disk Management and saw it under storage but it was showing that it was never formatted and prompted me to set it as a MBR or GPT… I selected MBR but then it wanted me to format the drives again and that is where I stopped and left it as is.

I found several good programs to recover the data and all I could get was just default pictures and garbage out of the drive nothing that I need.

I just want to make sure everyone knows that the drive is not dead it’s totally working but I’m unable to get any data off of it I’m not sure what happened from the external drive to the putting it into my desktop seems that it just erased everything…

Please if anyone has any ideas or business to send this drive to to get my data off of there it would be great!!!

************** IS IT TRUE?!?!?***********************

I just read that the only way to fix this is to find another board to the hard drive connect it and then it will work?? Ok… cool but there is nothing out there!!! 

I guess WD puts a encryption on the drive so if someone takes it out there is no chance of anyone getting the data… So not cool in issues like this, what should I do now???

Hello,

My best recommendation is to contact a data recovery company. They may be able to recover your data.

Data Recovery