Delayed Write Failed error on My Book 1140 when doing long transfers!

I recently bought two external USB2+3 2TB drives (My Book 1140?).  I can do little things with them, sometimes even transfers as long as 20 minutes or so, but I often (EVERY time I try to access them for an extended time) get a Delayed Write Failed error messege, in which the drive basically disappears (from disk defrag, but not always from My Computer, unless you try to navigate into it), needing unplugging and plugging back in to reboot and recognize.

I have a feeling that the problem has something to do with their being USB 2+3 compatible because I also have a 1TB external USB drive (My Book 1130?) that doesn’t give me any problems and I think that one is just USB2.

I have a weird feeling that it’s something specifically with the motherboard, but I really wouldn’t know.

Also, a 2TB USB2+3 drive will only be recognized when another drive is also plugged in, whether it be the other 2TB or the 1TB.  Is that telling that it could be a USB port thing instead of a motherboard thing?  What do I need to do to my computer to get these things working properly?

Below is some info on my system I found with Belarc Advisor.  Tell me if there’s anything else you need to know…

Win XP Pro SP3 (32bit)

AMD Anthlon™ XP 2600+
1.94 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

Processor:
1.93 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Not hyper-threaded

System Model:
VIA Technologies, Inc. KT600-8237

Main Circuitboard:
Board: http://www.abit.com.tw/ KV7(VIA KT600-8237) 1.x
Bus Clock: 166 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 11/05/2003

NOT SURE WHAT THIS STUFF MEANS AT ALL…
Bus Adapters:
VIA bus master IDE drivers
VIA RAID Controller - 3149
ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller (3x)
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller (4x)
VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller

Hello, try running a test with DLG.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/940/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzNTEyMTQxNS9zaWQvb1hQMm5pV2s%3D