Cannot share My Book 3TB using USB3

Hi I have a WD My book 3TB external HD. I plugged it in to a USB2 of my PC and all is fine. I could share the drive. I could see the drive from my Win 7 64 Bit laptop. Do everything else with no problem. 

Now the problem arises when I bought a “Via” PCI express USB card and slotted it into my PC. Start it up, install the driver, update the driver and could see the WD My Book in "My computer. Allis good until I went to my laptop and try tio access the share folder on the WD My Book. Bung!!! I got the message “NOT ENOUGH STORAGE MEMORY TO PROCESS THE COMMAND”. Tried it again on my second Win 7 64Bit Laptop. Same error. Did a serach and got an answer saying increase the IRPStachSize. Did all that but error message still exist. Replugged the WD My Book  back into a USB2 drive and instantly I could access the drive again. In summary, I can’t acess the WD My Book 3TB when plugged into a USB3 port.

Please assit.

Thanks.

Usually that happens when you don’t have the latest USB 3.0 drivers.

Thanks for the response Alucardx23.  Already have the latest USB3 driver but I did the upgrade again but the problem still exist.

Problem fixed. It has something to do with the “IRPStackSize” I read in a forum somewhere someone mentioned to set the IRPStackSize in the PC that has the problem. In my case it was happening on the laptop. So I changed it in the laptop with differnet values and it failed. This time I did it in the PC that has the 3TB external USB3 drive. Created a new Dword in the registry and started with value 15. Reboot, tried it and it failed. Increased it to decimal 18 and reboot. It worked. By the way, also stop all unwanted programs from starting up in startup. (MSCONFIG)

IRPStackSize change will only work if you have event ID2011 in your event viewer in “system”

Thank You.

Go into drive properties and check the sharing. Set it to Full Permission for Everybody and see ot that works.Windows 7 and Vista can be a real pain on sharing/permissions. I had to do that with one of my drives after installing SP1 for Windows 7.

Joe