Back up of the files with the .NEF extension in SmartWare

Hello everybody,

This week i recieved my MY BOOK 1TB, and for now i’m satisfied the results that i get.

But there is one thing that i don’t understand.

In the pictures folder all images are stored that have the specified extension that WD support.

Why is the .NEF extension not supported?

The files with this extension are images, so in my humble opinion they should be in the Pictures Folder and not in the Others Folder.

It is a format that is used by Nikon for raw images, it was a surprise for me to see that the .CR2 (from Canon) is suported and Nikon isn’t.

Can somebody please give me an explanation?

A suggestion might be to take this extension in a next software update for the My Book…

I hope to hear from you…

Greetings

I agree  that the Nikon raw format .NEF should be in the photo group.  It makes it very difficult to go back and forth between the NEF copy in the “other” group and the photoshop edit of the same photograph in the Photos group.

I am a professional photographer and bought this hard drive with the backup up software to manage and protect my  10,000 photographs. 

Please, Please add the NEF to the photo group.

Thanks

erniesart

Your post sounds more like an Idea or a Feature Request. The best place for this is in our Ideas Lab. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it. However, I would search first and make sure that there isn’t another idea similar to yours that you could add your post to and vote on.

Ideas Lab
http://community.wdc.com/t5/community/categorypage/category-id/idea