Accidentally formatted external hard drive

I know. I’m an ■■■■■. I was using Lenovo Recovery to create media recovery, and thought that it was asking me to save its original software. So I thought that I should use WD Elements 2TB Hard Drive to do so. It was not until after it was finished that I realised how horribly wrong I was. Even the hard drive’s icon changed.  I lost all its original software. In a last ditch effort, I fortmatted it thinking that it would go back to the way it originally was. Don’t know what I was expecting. Is there any chance I can get it back? Again, I know, I’m an ■■■■■. Any help will be more than helpful. Its P/N is WDBU6Y0020BBK-05 and the model is WDBU6Y0020BBK-EESN

1- Have you formated the drive per WD site instructions? I would follow this 1st to make sure it is done right.

a- Formatting instructions to follow depending on your Operating System

(don’t forget to set up Partitions if you will be using them. See #7 and Note) … > here <

b- This is another option for formatting large (2TB+) mass storage devices … > here <

(for my WD MyBook 4TB external drive to work I had to use option “b”)

2- > Where to download software, utilities, firmware updates, and drivers for WD products (from the Downloads Library) <

3- Latest driver updates … > WD SmartWare and Firmware Updates <

WD site claims that for your Model WDBU6Y0020BBK-EESN … “There is currently no download (software, firmware, or driver) available for this product.” … but some of these downloads may work with your drive anyway, it’s worth a try.

Other various WD Elements Downloads … > here <

Hope this helps, if so then please click the “Accept as Solution” button below.

Good luck, Jarka