Visitor
Cherylpa

Access Denied

I am sick over this, I think I lost all my data.  I was trying to password WD My Book, with the permissions tab.  I don't

know what I did.  It now has changed the name from J:Elements WD to just a regular J: Local Disc and tells me access

denied.

I had all my pictures, back ups etc on there.  If anyone can help me with this, I will be forever grateful

Cheryl

Respected Contributor
MR_MKS_Montana

Re: Access Denied

This could be caused by Data Corruption, as a last resort try a different cable, different computer and a different cable, If this does not help you might need to click the following links to use a Data Recovery Software or Company to extract the data.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Honored Contributor
Joe_S

Something like TestDisk http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk may fix the problem. Read through the tutorials first. If you only have one copy you don't have a backup.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Visitor
Cherylpa

I tried hooking it up to my laptop and all my data is there.  But it keeps telling me I need permission.  The original problem is, I screwed up the permissions under the security tab and I am not sure what to do

thanks for answering me before

Visitor
Cherylpa

When I plug it back into my main PC it tells me I have reformat my WD My book, but it will read it on my laptop

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD