05-03-2011 10:56 PM
I am sick over this, I think I lost all my data. I was trying to password WD My Book, with the permissions tab. I don't
know what I did. It now has changed the name from J:Elements WD to just a regular J: Local Disc and tells me access
I had all my pictures, back ups etc on there. If anyone can help me with this, I will be forever grateful
05-04-2011 07:28 AM
This could be caused by Data Corruption, as a last resort try a different cable, different computer and a different cable, If this does not help you might need to click the following links to use a Data Recovery Software or Company to extract the data.
05-04-2011 08:29 AM
Something like TestDisk http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk may fix the problem. Read through the tutorials first. If you only have one copy you don't have a backup.
05-04-2011 08:56 AM
I tried hooking it up to my laptop and all my data is there. But it keeps telling me I need permission. The original problem is, I screwed up the permissions under the security tab and I am not sure what to do
thanks for answering me before