1TB My Book Essential not showing up on PS3

I understand that this topic has been covered extensively but I can’t find an answer to my problem.  I’ll try to be as thorough as possible.

1TB My Book Essential:

• Removed WD software on it and formatted the whole drive to FAT32.  Created LOGICAL  partition of 250GB to use on the PS3. Used AOMEI Partition Assistant Software

• Created like folders on drive to match PS3.  Video, Picture, Music. Music is MP3 format, Pictures are JPEG, and movies are MP4.  Safely removed drive from computer.  Unplugged and moved to PS3.  Plugged drive into USB port with the PS3 off.

Here is the problem:

When I turn on the PS3 it shows the drive under each folder: Music, Picture, Video.  Only once have I been able to go under the Picture folder and view the pictures, every other time it shows nothing.  The video folder only shows one movie and no others even though they are all formatted the same.  The weird thing is that it will let me access each folder ONCE.  If I back out of the folder and try to go back into it, the folder is empty.  I’ve also noticed that if I unplug the drive from the PS3 USB port when the PS3 is on, and plug the drive USB back in, it will not recognize the drive at all. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I’m going nuts over here.

1 Like

Try moving the files to the root folder on the drive and see if the same thing happens

When I go into Windows Explorer and click on the drive it pulls up the folders that I’ve added to it (Picture Folder, and Video Folder) so I’m guessing they are in the root folder.  However,  when I formatted it to FAT32, I created a 250GB parition that I thought the folders were placed into.  Excuse my ignorance as I’m not very tech savvy.  Thanks!