1TB Hard Drive External was bumped now computer won't recognize it

This is an older 1TB WD1000H1U-00 external drive. Up until about 2 weeks ago, it still worked great. Then disaster struck. It was on my desk and while my home office was being cleaned by dog ran in playfully and caught the usb cable with her tail and the drive hit the carpeted floor. She’s just a puppy but at 48 pounds can still do quite a bit of damage.

Anyway long story short, the drive still has power. The blue light in the front will still light up and activate (it flashes back and forth) a totala of 4 times and then goes solid. The computer will not recognize the drive at all anymore.

I called WD and they told me that because my computer is running Windows 8 that I needed a new updated driver. Regardless, I downloaded the new driver. Then they told me to try a new USB cable. The only other one I have is slightly thicker than the original mini USB cable that came with the drive but I still get power. 

I read a previously similar post and plugged the drive diretly into the wall. I removed the plastic box casing from the drive and I can feel the drive spinning inside the metal casing and I can feel it reading and I can see the blue lights flashing. The drive stops reading when the blue lights on the front of the drive go solid.

All electrical connections are secure and I have tried 3 computers, I have tried at least 2 USB portson each of the computers and the drive worked on all 3 computers before it was knocked to the floor 2 weeks ago.

I contacted data recovery and they want between $600 and $1400 to try and recover what they can from the drive. Of course they will tell me if they can first of all for $65 and IF I decide to go ahead with the recovery they will waive the $65 diagnostic fee.

Any other suggestions before I give it up as a lost cause? 

I stupidly had put all my confidence in this one hard drive and I bought a smaller 500gb external hard drive a year ago but everything is on the drive that is now unresponsive.

Thanks for any advice. I have also read about spending $200-300 to have companies try and read the information from the drive but at this point I will just hang on to the drive and if nothing works,maybe I will hit the lottery.

Thanks to everyone that responds

I failed to add that after turning off the computer, disconnecting the USB, turning on the computer again and plugging in the USB, the blue lights will cycle 4 times, go solid, then start up again 4 times, then solid, start again 4 times etc and this will happen for about 6 or 7 cycles then the drive gives up I guess.and then all is quiet. The blue light remains ilumilated and does not go out.

Thanks

Sorry one more thing, when I plug in the USB cable, the computer obviously does recognize the device is plugged in because it makes the sound that a USB device has been plugged in. Same for when the device is unplugged but it will not show up in file manager.

Sorry but a dropped drive is usually physically damaged and beyond do it yourself recovery.

Joe