Occasional Contributor
paboo

setting up to back up files for two separate users

How can I set up my new My Passport Essential SE (for Mac) with two separate areas for backups so that I can back up MY documents/photos/music/etc. in one section and I can back up my HUSBAND's documents/photos/music/etc. in another. We use separate user accounts on our iMac. So do I need to partition (or whatever) or what? I'm new to this - please keep replies simple. Thanks.

Occasional Contributor
paboo

Re: setting up to back up files for two separate users

Anyone? I'd love some help with this so that I can figure out how to back up both my husband's and my own files without overwriting each other.

Please respond. Thanks.

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

Re: setting up to back up files for two separate users

I don't know much about Macs or what you are using for backup software. I think partitioning the drive would be a good idea. That's just my opinion, that might make **bleep** easier to avoid overwriting.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD