Problem with my WD external drive

I was backing up my laptop hard drive and made the wrong move… and dropped the WD external drive.  It disconnected.  Now, when I plugg it in, I get a window saying that the device I plugged is not readable by my computer.  However I do get a window showing the tabs:  Home, Backup, Retrieve and Settings…  so my computer does see it.

It also shows the left column with my computer and the right colum completely empty!

I went to settings and did a quick diagnostic and it passed (what ever that means).  I was going to start all over by wipping the drive but it won’t accept the password anymore!!!  What am I suppose do to now?

Please help me fast…  I have a plane to catch on Wed. AM!

Thanks for your time - much appreciated.

Jacotte

ps.  It now is passed the password issue… and at the top of the Settings window, it says “Unmounting disk volumes” … for ever!  Still not showing up as an external HD.

Hello,

The drive could have some mechanical damage, if the drive is recognize by your computer or any other computer you will need to format the unit. Otherwise you will need to replace the drive.

I second what nesvic says.  furthermore, i wouldn’t ever really trust that drive, once it’s been dropped.  make sure that you keep your files in secondary locations in case it dies on you.