Pre-sales questions about My Passport Pro & My Book Thunderbolt Duo

can’t find what RPM these 2 drives use.

i traditionally prefer 7200 rpm drives. i need SPEED; as much speed as i can get. so does anybody know? 

also, i can’t seem to find which ‘internal’ drive to buy to swap out with whatever comes in the My Book Thunderbolt Duo.

wondering if i can just buy the My Book Thunderbolt Duo enclosure and put whatever drives i want in it(?).

and does anybody have any experience with both the 2tb & 4tb versions of the My Passport Pro? recommendations on which would be better - weighing drive space size vs physical size for portability.

thanks!

Unfortunately, at this time this information is not disclosed by Western Digital. For more information please visit the following link:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1704/

Regards,

thanks for the response Trancer.

that **bleep** tho. that just isn’t right. why wouldn’t they disclose all that info?!

additionally, how do they expect us to know what to buy if we want additional drives for the Duo? it’s a “user-servicable” product, but i’ve not been able to find which drives i can buy to put in it. i need to be able to swap them in/out as needed (to use a different drive for different projects etc).

hmmm, maybe i should go with a drobo or something with front-side trays.