Passport not working

all of a sudden when i plugged my passport for mac in it does not show up on the finder on my mac.  I tried calling the customer service but their service was dreadfully long. Does anybody know what i can do to at least retrieve all of the data i have on this hard drive. The light blinks but nothing is spinning or loading as usual.  I tried a different USB cord but it was the same reaction.  Please help

Please test your drive using a different computer, if possible use another USB cable.

tried that and it didnt work.  any other suggestions?

Same thing happened to me, so you’re not alone. I’ve tried plugging it into another USB on my laptop and it didn’t work (except the WD Smartware CD shows up on both USB) but I plugged my passport into my desktop and it works, so I don’t know what’s wrong with my laptop

@ jtroop12

Are you using a USB cable 18 inches or less?  Does the drive show up in Disk Utility?  Are there and clicking noises?

Coreyjay4 wrote:

Same thing happened to me, so you’re not alone. I’ve tried plugging it into another USB on my laptop and it didn’t work (except the WD Smartware CD shows up on both USB) but I plugged my passport into my desktop and it works, so I don’t know what’s wrong with my laptop

You’re not getting enough power to the drive from the laptop.  You may need to purchase a power booster cable from our online store in order to get enough power from the laptop.

yes less than 18 inches - some minor clicking noises - not appearing in disk utility