I reformatted my drive for mac and tried to install smartware, but many things are not accessible

hello,

i just bought a MyPassport, and coming from using Seagate and their Memeo backup, i was looking forward to using a software that would be much smarter and easier to work with. unfortunately this was not the case, seeing as upon plugging my drive in, i had to do all of this insane reformatting and extra software installations.

i’ve looked at all of the downloads and manuals, but nothing seems to be helping my situation at all.

i successfully changed my drive’s format from NFwhataver to FAT32. i downloaded the stuff for smartware and got into it fine. it determined whatever it likes to determine with the files on my computer, but did not seem to recognize the drive at all, as i could not access any panels other than Home and Settings, and i could not click on Set Up Drive in the Settings tab.

if there are more pieces of software i need to download and install, please let me know so i can do so.

thanks!

***also, i am using a MacBook Pro running OSX Mountain Lion

Hello, you needed to format the drive for Mac because you purchased the passport model formatted for Windows. Check the links below for the steps to format the passport for Mac and the download link for the latest smartware version.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3865/session/L2F2LzEvc25vLzMvdGltZS8xMzUwMjQwODk3L3NpZC8tRml4Yko4bA%3D%3D

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/wdsmartwareupdate/

i already did all of that. smartware installed fine but i was not able to access several sections of the interface. i assume this is because my drive was not recognized by the software even though i partitioned it exactly how the instructions entailed.

Ok, in that case go to the home tab and check if you can click on the passport icon, that should make the other tabs accessible.

the problem is that there is no passport icon. it only shows my computer. it categorizes my files and then it does nothing.