What drive is in the MyBook Thunderbolt Duo?

Long and short of this question: What hard drives (re: speed) are in the Mybook Thunderbolt Duo 4TB? 

Followup: How much better is the Velociraptor Mybook?

I do SOME video editing at work, not my whole job but enough that I had about 400 Gb of video that I was editing. I transferred it all off my 500Gb hard drive and onto an external with a USB 3.0 drive. This is a seagate backup drive that is totally out of its depth. Since the full transfer, I can’t edit because I drop frames to such a degree I can’t watch the video. 

My speed test on this USB 3.0 1TB drive shows 11 MB/s Write, 24 MB/s read

I need to know if the Thunderbolt Duo is sufficient for my needs or if I need to fork over the extra for the velociraptor. 

The WD My Book Thunderbolt Duo is quite fast even though it uses WD Green hard drives for cool operation and high capacity. The WD My Book VelociRaptor Duo is even faster because of 10K RPM hard drives, but is constrained in storage size because of operation intensity.

Personally, my vote goes to the WD My Book Thunderbolt Duo.

Regards,

Nebbish,

Also remember that you have a choice to run in RAID 0 or Striped (no redundency - just fast) or RAID 1 or Mirrored (Safe - everything written is written to both drives). You will get the best performance from RAID 0, with the Velociraptor MyBook, at greater than 200MB/sec. RAID 0 on the stand MyBook Thunderbolt Duo will get you around 200MB/sec. Of course, with any benchmark numbers, everything is dependent on file sizes and etc. Both should be great for video but the Velociraptor MyBook is Best. 

Enjoy!