Western Digital Not Being Read?

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the forums and I wish I was here on better terms but I seem to be having a very big issue with my WD external. I had formatted and transferred all my files from my Mac to the external about a month ago. I took my Mac in for repairs and to be reformatted. Now that my Mac is back my external is not being read by the computer thus locking all my information on the drive where I am unable to reach it. I have years of work backed up on the external including files and work projects that are still being worked on… 

Any ideas?..

Thanks

Greg

Can you take you Mac and the drive to the firm you used. They should help you as they are partly to blame.

Did you have your drive password protected?

How did you backup with Mac or other software or just copy manually? If you used backup software you will probably need that to retrieve the data.

Joe

I backed it up manually. I just did a drag and drop. The files are there and I am able to see them. The drive doesn’t show up on my mac or pc but I am able to see that I have files on the drive…

I have a ton of work on there that I really need to keep!

What exactly did they do to your computer?

What format is your computer?

What they did was replace the hard drive, change the screen, clean the other things inside and changed the OS. **MACBOOK BTW**

Have you tried your hard disk on another computer?

Yes, of course! I have tried on two different PC’s but only 1 mac.