WD my passport not mounting on macbook

i have had this problem for about a year now ?, i’ve almost abandoned my ‘Thunderbolt Duo’ because it wasn’t mounting no matter what

i was searching like a fool on google THUNDERBOLT problems ( a lot of people have it with Thunderbolt Display )

WD Customer service asked if i have ALSO changed cable (i didnt want to spend money on a cable, not knowing if it was going to work)

but today i went to buy a newer cable (my problems started at some point with Os 10.9.xx) when i moved to a new home, i had to unwrap the old TB cable from my desk (it was bent in different places, like frozen-shaped)

today i plugged the new cable (i got the shorter one this time 0.5m)

so far, half a day, restart, standyby, sleep, hybernate, shut down (i tried it all)

the unit comes always back online and alive, readily, no data loss

i’m not saying go and buy a new cable, but if you have a similar situation, and you have the chance to ‘borrow’ someone else new cable and see if it works for u, it might

( i suspect, but might also be fantasy,  that those guys who report, a new thunderbolt cable solves the Thunderbolt Display issue,  is it any different from 1-2 year old cables ?, did they make new firmware 1.2 + new tb cables ? )

my 2 cents

:slight_smile:

IF at any time my drive will disappear again (kind of endlessly unmounted-hybernated) i will post here.

Thunderbolt Duo 4tb NOT mounting on iMac with Yosemite

UPDATE: 1 Day after ALL GOES SMOOTHLY

UPDATE:  5 Days later, NO PROBLEM :slight_smile:

1 Like