WD USB 3.0 PCIe card driver?

Hi,

I just purchased a WD USB 3.0 PCIe card for my Mac Pro. It came with a disk to install a driver but when I put the disk into my Mac Pro there was nothing on it except PDF instructions. So I popped the PCIe card into the computer and, sure enough, it doesn’t work without a driver apparently. Where can I find the driver for this card for Mac computers? I looked on the WD site but I couldn’t find anything.

Thanks.

Dennis

I think the card is not compatible with Mac.  This is what I found searching at the WD Store:   http://store.westerndigital.com/store/wdus/en_US/DisplayAccesoryProductDetailsPage/productID.178236500/categoryId.13096100

droliff wrote:

Hi,

I just purchased a WD USB 3.0 PCIe card for my Mac Pro. It came with a disk to install a driver but when I put the disk into my Mac Pro there was nothing on it except PDF instructions. So I popped the PCIe card into the computer and, sure enough, it doesn’t work without a driver apparently. Where can I find the driver for this card for Mac computers? I looked on the WD site but I couldn’t find anything.

Thanks.

Dennis

Dude… Mac = usb 2.0 , Firewire and Thunderbolt

PC =  usb 2.0 usb 3.0

Sadly WD does not have any Thunderbolt drives at the moment.

Unless they have something up their sleeves :wink:

Thanks Vadir. You are absolutely correct. I guess I wasn’t paying attention to the listing when I bought it, ugghh. I’m going to throw it up on eBay as a ‘buy it now’ for 10 bucks + shipping.