WD Passport ejects on its own

I have (1) 640gb, (2) 500gb wd passport and had no problem with them. just bought a 1tb and it keeps giving me a "can't eject because device is in use" while i'm transferring files from one to another, then finally the 1tb will just eject itself???????...all the hard drives are formatted the same...exfat. any help????

I get this error when i transfering data , Error: "WD My Passport 0740 Media is in use and can't be powered off."

it says this about ten times then dismounts with this code:

"The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found.
(Error code -43)".

Hello,

Did you test your drive with a different USB cable, do you encounter the same issue if you connect your drive in a different computer?

BU1HAMILTON wrote:

I have (1) 640gb, (2) 500gb wd passport and had no problem with them. just bought a 1tb and it keeps giving me a "can't eject because device is in use" while i'm transferring files from one to another, then finally the 1tb will just eject itself???????...all the hard drives are formatted the same...exfat. any help????

I get this error when i transfering data , Error: "WD My Passport 0740 Media is in use and can't be powered off."

it says this about ten times then dismounts with this code:

"The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found.
(Error code -43)".

what system are you using the drive on?  I would research exfat and make sure there aren’t any issues with it on the os you’re using.

I using OS 10.7.1…all 4 of my WD harddrives are formatted EXFAT…and the 3 are working awesome…its the 1TB one I just bought.

with the problems lion’s been having I would check with apple to see if there’s any info on this on their knowledge base.  otherwise, if you have the data on the drive somewhere else, also, I would reformat it again to see if that takes care of it.  especially if you formatted the drive over another partition, you may have to get rid of the partition and try it again.

I have the same problem. I have format the external drive with differents format, I have updated firmware too, but same problem always…

What could we do?

i have a same problem here… just bought yesterday…

WD My Book Studio II 2T & My Passport Essential 320 GB

I Can’t do anythink with my new passport because by the default it’s “READ ONLY” so I Formated with Mac Disk Utility, and choose Mac OS Jornaled.

Same think i did with the Studio, but i Partition with 1TB + 1 TB

No Problem with my Studio… But the Passport it always eject randomly…

- - - - - -      “WD My Passport 0740 Media is in use and can’t be powered off.” - - - - -

I try USB Cable from my old my book essential 1 TB (no problem with this Drive) connect from my mac to my new passport still disconnect randomly

Info

Macbookpro 5,1 OSX 10.6.8

WD Smartware V1.3.3.8

Mac Formated

I think I know the solution…

Don’t push to Work hard with WD Passport Essential even had USB 3…

I connect the cable than just leave it… no select any folder / file in that WD PE… and there is no problem already in 1 hour…

last time I did copy lot of picture continously from studio to Passport… i think i’m to pushed to get done copied 80GB… event with separate group… it still need to get a break…

I don’t know… better move to Passport studio… randomly i give external drive for my client, in 320GB it’s enough space but now only available in 500GB / 1TB and the cost is 2x… hmmm… no choice