WD MyBook Studio II will not automatically power up after upgrade to Lion

Having my Studio II 2TD RAID 1 configured connected to my iMac via Firewire for some time w/o any issues. After I performed an upgrade to OS Lion over the weekend, apparently, the drive will not automatically power up after computer start/restart and I do have to push the power button in the back. Then it moutns and works ok, icluding spinning down and sleep mode. Anyone having experience with simmilar behaviour?

Help appreciated.

Try downloading theĀ  drivers

Do you have the same issues using USB?

1 Like

Well I did install the drivers, though those are optional, and what changes is that instead a power up issue, now the drive power ups correctly, but now randomly switches off completelly.

So called the WD support. First they suggested a firmware upgrade, which actually is irrelevent as the drive allready runs the latest firmware as confirmed by the tools. So called them again and they could not provide any solution but Ā either to escalate and investigate or to replace the drive (and actually get an refurbished one). As I do not believe it is a HW issue - as the drive functioned properly under 10.6, I opted for escalation and here am I waiting what happensā€¦