WD My Passport not showing on Mac Mini

Hello,

My My Passport isn’t showing up as a drive on a mac mini running 10.9.2 (Mavericks) on either the desktop or the disk utility manager. I’ve seen various other people have issues, but none seem to have applied to me. The drive itself is fine, I have it running on both my windows 7 Laptop, as well as a Mac Pro running 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion). I have partitioned some of the drive to be able to have read/write control over both operating systems, and on both the windows and mac pro, the partitions work absolutely fine. The ports of the Mac Mini are also not a problem, as they are working with other USB devices. Extremely dissapointing, it is limiting my ability to do my work.

Hello,

It is possible that your computer is not providing enough power trough the USB ports in order to spin the drive properly.

USB3.0 requires 800mA and USB2.0 requires 500mA.

Have you tried another portable drives on this computer?

Hello,

Thanks for the help, this was it exactly (ports only seem to do maximum 500mA for usb 3.0). However, plugged my drive into the usb slot on the keyboard, and the drives appeared. Thank you for your help.