WD My Passport Studio

Greetings, 

I’m using a WD MP Studio 500GB on a Macbook. I was at the Reno Air Races for two weeks and a a buddy of mine got me the EXT HD to upload  images from my CF cards in my hotel every night. The device worked great with the Mac, all my images are safe on the drive.

I’m now having trouble transferring the files from the Passport to my home PC. It doesn’t recognize the drive. 

It was suggested that i download the software to my pc for Windows. I’m not sure what exact software to use. It was also suggested that i backup the files from the Passport to another drive, before downloading the files into my pc. Without the Windows cross compatibility, this is impossible.

Can someone direct me to the proper software for Windows, please?

Many thanks in advance, WBF

I think you’re in the wrong forum.

This forum is for the My Passport WIRELESS drive.   I think you’d want the Portable Drives forum, here:   http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-Portable-Drives/bd-p/BoardExample2

But anyway, chances are if he was using Macbook, he had the drive formatted with Apple’s HFS+ filesystem, which is not PC compatible.

Seagate’s HFS4Win might work in this case.

The other option is to use NTFS software on the Mac, and move the data over via the Mac.   NTFS is native for Windows.