WD External Drive - Datas are still in the disk but can not see nor access them anymore

I’m looking for some help to retrieve inaccessible or invisible files from my external drive.

It’s been working fine but  all of sudden most of my folders and files are invisible but my disk management/property still shows that I have 220GB used out of 930GB but I can only see 100GB worth folders/files … other 120GB of files are there but not able to see nir access them anymore.

I have already performed basic repairs (defrag, disk error check, etc) but I just can not locate those invisible folders/files.

My pc is running on Window7.

Can someone help us retrieve this inaccessible folders/files, please?

Your comments are greatly, appreciated.

Thnx

If the files are not hidden the drive is corrupted

use TestDisk or Recuva to restore the corrupted files

1 Like

Thanks

Your feed back was awesome!

Greatly appreciated!

Hello wIZER,

DON’T KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP?

MY 1.5TB WD HDD EXTERNAL WAS SITTING THERE DOING AS I ASKED… I WENT FOR  COFFEE, CAME BACK AND THE PC SAID THE DRIVE WAS NO LONGER AVAILABLE, AND OF COURSE I HAD THE DREADED BLINKING BLUE LIGHT!!!.. I HAVE TIRED RECUVA AND IT DOSNT SEE THE DRIVE SO IT CAN’T RECOVER. IN DESPERATION, I HAVE NOW REMOVED IT FROM THE CASE, PUT IT IN SATA EXTERNAL HD STATION, AND ON  WINDOWS 7, THE DRIVE IS SEEN, (OCCASIONALLY), BUT WHEN I CLICK ON IT, (ie it calls it drive e), THEN MESSAGE COMES UP… INSTALL A DISK IN DRIVE E !!!    EVEN THOUGH THE PC HAS ALSO SEEN IT AND SAID THE DRIVE HAS BEEN INSTALLED AND IS READY FOR USE ???  DO YOU HAVER ANY CLUES ?? THE DATA ON THERE IS VIDEO AND MUSIC FOR ABOUT A YEARS WORTH OF STUFF PLUS OBVIOUS STUFF LIKE PASSWORDS AND BANK DETAILS, (THOSE ARE IN N ENCRYPTED FOLDER), BUT I DONT W ANT TO HAVE TO GO THE EXPENSE OF DATA ECOVERY… ALSO IF THEY CAN ACCESS THIS DRIVE, THEY CUD ACCESS MY PRIVATE DETAILS TOO… SO WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE ???  THANKS FOR ANY HELP FROM ANYONE… REGARDS… BRIAN

First please relax with the caps

In this case, if the data is so important is best for you to contact a professional

You already mentioned bank information and passwords are encrypted so it should remain that way if retrieved