WD Elements 2TB

My primary external hard drive is the Elements 2TB, which I bought when I had a windows PC.  I reformatted it as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) when I purchased an iMac recently.  The hard drive box compatibility column states it comes formatted NTFS for Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7.  Then says that it requires reformatting for OS X Tiger, Leopard or Snow Leopard.  I formated it with OS X Lion (10.7.3) and seems to work fine.  I am a DJ, so I have all my videos and mp3s on this hard drive.  Should I be worried that it will damage my data, because my OS is Lion? 

You don’t want to trust important data to just one drive internal or external no matter who makes it. I suggest you have at least 2 of these in case there is a problem.

Joe

You should not be worried due to the format of the drive…

you should be worried… period…

Make sure the data remains in both computer and drive so you can recover it in the event of failure…

Yes, I do have two hard drives and both backed up on my macintosh hd as well.  I was just worried; both of my external hard drives were’nt specifically said to be formattable for OS X Lion, since the external hard drive box states Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard or Snow Leopard.  

the drive will work with any OS from Tiger and above