Occasional Visitor
Captain_Morgan

Re: WD Elements 2TB External hard drive BLINKING LIGHT Problem

Drat! Just had the same thing happen to my less than 6 month old 2 TB drive!!! The only difference I can see between mine and what eveyone else has encountered is that I can see the drive in my device manager under drives. Is there a chance this will help me use some sort of utility so I can see the drive in My Computer? I've loaded 30 years of pictures on this drive and I'm pretty sick about it. Also, if all hope is lost, does anyone have a rough estimate about how much it would cost to recover the data?

Occasional Visitor
willowspring

I bought a wd hd element a year ago. It quited working several month ago. I put many of my pictures there. I was so upset. Is there a better (reliable) brand external HD there?

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

Any drive can have a problem at any time. Never trust important data to just one drive internal or external no matter who makes it. A backup is 2 copies in different locations. Did you make a new post describing your problem and computer and what you have tried?

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
Tmanting

Maybe this will help. But keep in Mind I offer a 100% money back guarantee on my free advice! My boss has a drive with these symptoms and I tried most everything I know to recover the files for free but no luck. After removing the drive from its enclosure and installing it in my system, I downloaded DiskInternals Partition Recovery 4.0 and I was then able to see the contents of the drive. So I splurged for the paid version at $139. Well worth it. I was able to recover all of his irreplaceable photos and save them to a different drive. It took hours but I now have this tool in my back pocket for next time. Good luck and I hope this helps someone. -Tom
Occasional Visitor
philipmcgowan

power is working but is not registering on laptop

Regular Visitor
nanox2004

I have the same blinking symptom ... in during watching movie accidently movie stoped and after that i have only blinking light ... i can't see ext.hard in my computer ... I think compony better think about solu and not advertise about crop product .... look at botton adv >>>> put your life on it :smileyhappy:))) and lose it so easily

Occasional Visitor
dino3721

This is the 2nd Western Digital external drive that I have lost data on.  I am done with them.  There is no excuse in this day and age to have hard drives die in months.   We buy externals to have backup. 

I am better off just putting in an extra drive in the PC.  I have used many brands- only WD have died.

If we have to pay to have data recovered- then why back up at all?  Thumbs down.

Occasional Visitor
falminana

I too had the same exact problem.  I cant believe we all are on the WD community page and have not received a single comment from the manufacturer!  They should step forward and offer us some assistance or apologies at least...

Honored Contributor
Wizer

falminana wrote:

I too had the same exact problem.  I cant believe we all are on the WD community page and have not received a single comment from the manufacturer!  They should step forward and offer us some assistance or apologies at least...

dude..  user's forum

you can contact WD on this link :

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
onlymemike

They don't reply to emails, so don't even bother with that.

I've had this problem for about 2 weeks and i can't get rid of this blinking logo problem, can't watch a movie without it freezing up, it's a pricey paperweight thats all it is now...

I'm calling them tomorrow

what other alternative products are there similar to WDTV live hub?

because it doesn't seem anyones interested in fixing problems

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD