WD 3TB My Book Studio USB 3.0 Hard Drive

i bought a WD 3TB My Book Studio USB 3.0 Hard Drive 3 months ago,i transferred pictures of a wedding i did to there,raw and the jpeg,i tried to upload them to a website,and noticed it was sluggish,and a few didn’t upload because they were duplicate names,i tried to change the names,and it wouldn’t let me,saying “disk error”. when i open them up in finder,it takes ages to open,colored wheel just keeps going around,so i am trying to move them back to another hard drive,and some won’t move,it says “The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “20140822-IMG_3881.CR2” can’t be read or written. (Error code -36)” i can see all the files from that drive in bridge,but it takes forever to load a picture in photoshop,and the ones i can’t open in finder won’t open in photoshop neither,saying disk error, i have no trouble with my other hard drives opening or the pictures on my mac,and the ones i have transferred back to my mac are fine,i can open them instantly, should i get in touch with apple,i bought it from an apple store,or will it be something simple to fix?thank you

I would recommend replacing the interface (USB/Firewire) cable you are using to connect the drive, then running a disk health test within your Mac’s Disk Utility application in order to confirm the actual status of the hard drive. If the test is to fail or if the hard drive does not allow itself to be repaired, then it would be best to replace the hard drive under warranty.

To check the drive for errors please visit the following link:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/866/

Regards,