Unable to access My Book Live Dashboard on OS X 10.7 Lion

Hiya,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I’ve tried connecting the drive directly to the Mac with no success. I also tried resetting the drive using the reset button (held down for 4 seconds) but that still did not yield the desired result.

I have also:

1. Tried powering off the drive, holding the reset button and powering it on until the reset occurred;

2. Powered off/on the drive, router and Mac in various orders;

3. Checked the latest version of Java was installed on the Mac (it is).

…and still no success.

What was interesting is that if I try to open the dashboard with the router turned off I get an error on the browser saying the address was not contactable (which is expected) and the ‘UI’ bit of the URL http://mybooklive.login/UI/ does not appear. This suggests to me that the connection between the Mac and the drive’s dashboard is being made but for some reason the dashboard itself is not being displayed. I tried looking at the source html for the blank dashboard page and it has a few basic html tags but no content, which might suggest that the dashboard has become corrupted.

It occours to me that it might be a background update to the drive firmware that has borked the dashboard. After further searching I am seeing this happening to other people. Unfortunatley I have no way of finding out if an update occurred.

It seems that the only 2 options I have are:

1. Use SSH to connect to the drive and reset the config to factory defaults. This won’t work as I hadn’t already enabled SSH on the drive (got this solution from elsewhere on the web)

2. Buy a replacement drive.

Any thoughts? I was thinking that I could reinstall the dashboard but can’t get to the protected files on the drive (which is what the SSH method does).

Cheers again for all the help.