Thunderbolt Duo not recognized by WD Drive Utilities

Anybody has the same problem? I have the lastest version 1.1.5.9 and have actually 3 WD drives: a new Thunderbolt Duo, a MyBook 6TB and a MyBook 1TB. None of them show in WD Drive Utlities.

Any idea?

Try some standard troubleshooting like:

• Ejecting all drives
  • Restarting the computer

Did you ever resolve this? Mine is starting to do the same thing.

What drive model and which firmware version?

I have the 4TB version set to RAID 1. Not sure how to check firmware level since the auto firmware updater can’t find the drive. Same with WD drive utility.

Can you see firmware through Apple’s disk utility? If so, I will check when I get home.

Make sure to download the latest version of WD Drive Utilities:

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=127&sid=157&lang=en

The firmware version might not show up on Disk Utility.

The 1.1.7.3 WD drive utility does not work on Mac OS X 10.8.5 unless I’m missing something. 

Does WD check if WD drive utilities work with the latest osx update 105.8 correctly?

Same issue here. I’m on OS 10.8.5 running WD Drive Utilities v1.1.7.3.

I’ve tried

1. Restarting the Mac

2. Ejecting and reconnecting the My Book drive

3. Downgrading WD Drive Utilities to the version my drive shipped with

None of these worked. When I open WD Drive Utilities, it says no drives are attached and tells me to attach a supported drive.

I can browse the drive just fine using Finder. It also appears in Disk Utility with no signs of concern.

Anybody got any other ideas?

Mac OS X 10.8.5 or Mavericks using thunderbolt doesn’t work with WD Drive utility anymore. Whatever “sensor” the WD drive utitily uses to recognize a WD drive has been broken. Hopefully a fix is coming soon from Apple/WD. My thunderbolt drives are still working and recognized by Disk Utility.

WD Drive utility is the only thing broken.

Cheers

We are currently researching this issue.

Thank you for voicing your concerns.

How about your researching

y2mzt wrote:
How about your researching

It might take a bit longer to determine the root of the issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Same thing here:

Just purchased today - WD Drive Utilities version: 1.1.7.3, OSX 10.8.5, can access the Thurderbolt Duo no problem, but the WD Drive Utilities program will not recognize it. 

This is the only way I know how to change the default configuration from RAID 0 to RAID 1.  

I will be forced to return this within the week if I can not configure the RAID - this is the only reason I spent so much money on the drive.

I look forward to any assistance you can provide.

Same issue, just bought my My Book Thunderbolt Duo today and have the latest WD Utilities and OS X 10.8.5.

Making a mistake like this seems a bit sloppy, hope the rest of my experience goes better since I also bought a matching My Book Live Duo for my network, which has performed better at least.

Add my name to the list.

The drives are being recognised through the OS, and appear to work fine, but not being seen in the Utility software.  I’be been using the drives for a while now but I have noticed something unusual that has only just started happening - when I put the machine to sleep (with drive connected) the OS now complains that I have illegaly ejected the drive (as if I’d pulled the cable from the computer without soft eject).  It didn’t used to give this warning

I have OSX 10.8.5.  Neither version of the WD Utilities work (the one it shipped with and the latest version).  All usual, reboot, turn off, pray for help, reset have not worked.

Same story, same result. Purchased My Book Thunderbolt Duo 4TB. Installed WD Drive Utilities App. Updated software. Finder sees “My Book Thunderbolt Duo” and “WD Drive Utilities”. But the application reports “No Drive Attached” and “Attach a supported WD drive”. Called 1 800 275 4932. They recommended all sorts of workarounds, including uninstalling then not updating WD Drive Utilities software, all to absolutely no avail. They concluded its related to the Mac OS X 10.8.5 update last week. This is all over the Internet. Seriously guys, we need help. Sales performance of WD My Book Thunderbolt Duos is about to match Blackberry. Please get it done.

I am having the same problem.  Submitted a ticket to WD before seeing this thread.  

• Disconnection errors coming out of sleep

• WD Drive Utilities can’t recognize the drive

• Time Machine seems to want to back up the drive over and over again.

Probably also related to the 10.8.5 update.

Looks like Apple might be taking some responsibility for this one:

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/24/os-x-10-8-5-supplemental-update-being-prepared-to-address-facetime-camera-and-other-issues/

“Fixes an issue that may cause external drives to be ejected after the computer goes to sleep”

I am having the same problem also. Already returned a brand new one to Amazon, on the second one now with the same problem. Talked to WD support and he said the drive appears to be bad so I sent it back. All I want is for thier Utility software to work. Unbeilevable ! I will keep in touch with these boards and hope a fix comes soon.