Power light stays on and doesn't blink

I just received 2 brand new 2TB external hard drives. One I already reformatted for a Mac and is working just fine. The second one I tried to plug in just has the light stay on and not blink. I can’t even go about reformatting it because it won’t read. I think there is something wrong with the hard drive because it is reading all 3 previously bought ones of my other WD hard drives just fine.

I’ve alreayd switched out different data plugs, etc. and tried looking up other help.  I feel like they may have shipped me a corrupt drive??

I don’t know much about Macs. Are both drives connected? Windows has a problem with identical drives being recognized. If both are connected remove both reboot system then plug the problem one back in and see if there is a change.

Joe

hmmmm.  i’m sure what you’re asking exactly. but i only have one plugged in at once.  on the working drives, both can be plugged in the same time and read.  it’s mainly the power plug that doesn’t read the drive and just keeps the light steady instead of blinking. 

I wondered if you had both connected at the same time. Did you try swapping the cables and power adapter from the working drive to the other one? If the good cable and power adapter don’t make the problem drive work then the problem is in the drive.

Joe

yeah, the same plug i used works for the working one and doens’t work for the broken one. could i send it back to wd to replace it? how do i go about doing that?