Passport Pro 4TB unable to create RAID 1 or 0

Using th WD Util on OS X 10.9.2, I seem to unable to create a RAID 0 or 1 and only can format single drives with HSP-J format. The error message is simple “The configuration of teh drive failed” “Creation of the mirror set  failed”

Any help or suggestion a greatly appreaciated.

Thanks

Come on guys? Sure somebody from WD most be scanning these posts.

If I have bought a very expensive door stop just tell me and i send it right back, in the meantime failing to get a quick response from here or the support guys by tomorrow I shall utilise my time waiting for either WD to help or waiting to get my money back by plastering the social media sites about this product …

Happy Tuesday

Thomas- wrote:

Using th WD Util on OS X 10.9.2, I seem to unable to create a RAID 0 or 1 and only can format single drives with HSP-J format. The error message is simple “The configuration of teh drive failed” “Creation of the mirror set  failed”

Any help or suggestion a greatly appreaciated.

Thanks

Hello Thomas-,

Please understand that this is a user to user Community, not a direct support venue.

For direct assistance from WD Support, please contact then over the phone or through the Email support.

WD Contact info:

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

Regarding your question, have you tried reinstalling the application?

Make sure that you have the latest version of the utility of the drive from the link below.

http://support.wd.com/product/download.asp?groupid=228&sid=157&lang=en

Help4All wrote:

Hello Thomas-,

Please understand that this is a user to user Community, not a direct support venue.

For direct assistance from WD Support, please contact then over the phone or through the Email support.

WD Contact info:

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

Regarding your question, have you tried reinstalling the application?

Make sure that you have the latest version of the utility of the drive from the link below.

http://support.wd.com/product/download.asp?groupid=228&sid=157&lang=en

Dear Help4All

Before I ask for help I try the everything possible to avoid having to waste pressures time and efforts by underpaid and under appreciated support staff. Now if you want me to give KUDOS, give me answer that resolve my issue, since you are obviously WD Staff I would suggest that you start take customer issues serious and help those that have serious issues. I paid a bucket load of money for a piece of equipment that does not work, documentation that comes with the product could not even be designed and produced by a 3 year old who would do a way better job.

With regards to your telephonesupport? Why waste peoples time and money in phone calls, people who answer know nout and all they can do is give you a ticket number which is followed by block hole silence.

If you still want KUODS points get me somebody real that can solve my issue otherwise stop wasting my time.

Fix it or give me MY MONEY BACK and compensate me for wasting my time with Western Digital Products.

I am like that mosquito that in the room when you want to sleep. WD has upset me bigtime, now it is my turn.

Best wishes TL

While I understand where you’re coming from, I believe you are misunderstanding the very purpose of the WD Community, which is user-to-user interaction. Staff members may post once in a while, but Western Digital has official, direct support channels for addressing technical issues. Users should not expect constant, steady, and/or direct responses from WD Staff members while on the forum.

“Kudos” is on the signature of several Users of the Community regardless of association with Western Digital. It shows on all of posts of Users with such a signature, and it is up to you to decide if those posts are helpful to you. Kudos serve the purposes of allowing other future Users to know the a particular suggestion was helpful, and carries no additional benefit other than recognition within the WD Community.

If I was in your position, I would contact Western Digital support channels either by phone or E-mail (As recommended by Help4All) as you are experiencing a very specific situation. I am sure they will be more than glad to address your concerns and investigate the cause.

Regards,

Trancer

do me a favour and delete my account, this so called WD Sponsored Community is about as useful as Western Digital Products …

Thanks

Sorry for your frustration.  I would have definitely tried Help4All’s recommendation of using the updated version of the utility.  Your account is no longer accessible.