MyBook Studio not working after latest Yosemite update

A few days ago I did the latest Yosemite update and now when I plug in my MyBook Studio 3TB drive it shows in the Finder but does not function. It appears to be “working”, but so slowly that nothing happens. For example, it won’t show any of my Time Machine back-ups. When I use it on my older MBP with Snow Leapard it works fine. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance.

I have almost the same exact problem (only mine won’t even show up in Finder or Disk Utility).  I’ve been searching the internet for 2 days for a “fix” and have found tons of people with the same or similar problem, but no solutions.

Any assistance on this problem would be GREATLY appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the WD community

We have passed this along to support

Hi ArMak,

Is there an update for this?  I’ve had my My Book Studio 2TB ext drive for about a year.  Sudduenly it’s not responding.  It’s power cable is plugged into an outlet with a USB cable to my MBP, however it’s getting no power and doesn’t appear in finder or disk utility.  I upgraded to Yosemite not long after it was released.  What’s going on?  Why is the My Book not getting any power or recognized by my MBP?  Can I access my data somehow?  

Please help!  Thank you. 

Miles