MyBook Studio (Mac Edition) Firewire cable damaged on opening drive extremly slow

hello all,  a couple of issue i have it could be a fault drive here

I have just bought the WD My Book (Mac + Studio) 2tb firewire 800 aluminium drive

first of all im seriouly annoyed with wd’s support i put in a request for help/rma through there portal system by registering my drive and putting in severla help/support/rma case’s several days ago  im yet to receive a reply, which im not happy about

on opening the box the firewire cable was damaged how would i go about getting a replacement firewire cable??? 

also, are both firewire connection on the rear the same speed eg 800? 

also, i have seen a massive dramatic reduction in speed of this drive, and i have been able to prove its the drive, i use a dj program called serato and constantly analyse files, now when analysing files on my internal drive in the program they run at full speed , but when analysing with my drive thery have now become incredibly slow

i also have no wd software installed on my mac as i formatted the drive out the box, im thinking i could have performace issues here, this has only happened in the last two weeks

even things like browsing thru  a folder full of photo it phyusically takes ages to show previews, 

is there maybe a setting that may have have disabled the full speed of the firewire 800?

No setting for that…

To get the replacement cable you’ll need to contact WD

try running a first aid test on disk utility for your performance issues

Hi mate

thanks for getting back appreciated!

ive contacted wd several days ago still no reply!

im sorry how would i go about doing a first aid test on the drive im sorry if this is a total noob question im running a mac?

regards

Check the steps on this link

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/866/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0OTM1NzkyNC9zaWQvb1YxcWlUN2w%3D