MyBook Studio II now supported under Mac OS X 10.6.x?

Today I noticed that the support page for the WD Drive Manager software related to MyBook Studio II drives was updated and WD Drive Manager now formally supports Mac OS X 10.6.x !!!

Perhaps this is part of the newly announced 6 TB Studio II drives and someone noticed that you can’t sell those products without supporting the current operation system.

Unfortunately the Drive Manager software itself was not changed meaning the download leads to the old 2.25 version dated 11/2008 which doesn’t formally support 10.6.x and floods the console log (if running at all).

Any news/update on this topic?

Can we finally expect an updated Drive Manager for 10.6.x or are potential buyers of a 6 TB Studio II drive still expected to downgrade their environment to 10.5.x?

Best regards,

Michael

Hi there! That’s a very good question and a nice thing to point out!!

I thought WD had EOLd the Studio II so I never saw this drive coming, but yes… The DM still has the same version available for a download… Could it be a typo that it supports 64-bit OSs or is that a random issue? o.O

Michael, is your Mac a core i7?  if not which processor is it and which Mac are you on?

Brandon, I’m on an iMac 27" Core i7 (Mid 2010) with 8 GB RAM, Apple SSD & HD.

My MyBook Studio II (4 TB) is connected to the Firewire 800 port (as the only firewire device).

Michael

Hello 

Same problem here on a 2x2,4 MacPro under 10.6.7

1 week old, 8 GB RAM, 3 internal Drives

MyBook Studio Edition II Mac.

On an iMac  same Drive, same OS - same problem!

Mac Mini 3,1, Core2Duo 2,66 GHz, 4GB RAM.

Is there a solution from WD?

Oliver Ermonis