MyBook Live blinking, but not working like supposed

One month ago I bought a MyBook Live NAS. I updated the drive from the start on. It runs the highest firmware version. I run it on a Mac, directly connected to the computer and via a Airport Extreme. From the day on I bought this drive I spent countless hours trying to make it running in a standable manner, without success. There are a few facts about this drive that I would like to know more about from someone from Western Digital:

1. The drive keeps itself entertained for ever. It doesn’t go into sleep mode longer than 2-15 minutes.
  2. The drive’s webbrowser configuration interface is only accessible if the drive has internet connected.
  3. Point (2) means: Effectively the drive cannot be used in a intranet environment that is disconnected from the internet.
  4. If the drive is running disconnected from the internet it is not even going to sleep for 2 minutes. It entertains itself for ever, endlessly.

I would be pleased if finally someone could explain those points to me (and as I know from this forum, also to many others).

Since you are talking about the My Book Live you will have better luck in the correct categorie.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/MyBook-Live-blinking-but-not-working-like-supposed/td-p/336363