My Passport for Mac suddenly stopped working

This morning, after apparently leaving my passport connected to my MBP and it going to sleep I haven’t been able to mount the disk. I use WD Unlocker to password lock the disk and it still appears and lets me unlock it but after unlocking it doesn’t mount the disk. I checked disk utility after entering the password and the partition does appear after unlocking but it’s grayed out and if I try to mount or repair it the Disk Utilities shows an error. I have had OSX Yosemite for months and the disk had worked without any issues until now.

Hello and welcome to the WD community.

What is the exact error you are getting on when you try to repair on disk utility? Try to connect the drive on another computer and verify if you get the same issue. Also try to use a different USB cable.

Hope this helps.

a really good tool for something like this is R-studio or UFS Explorer, but are not free but should get the job done if recovery of file is what you after.

Click Kudos Star if this helps

I have a Mac Book Pro bought reconditioned in November, updated to most recent OS.

It was working until yesterday. The problem may be due to unclean disconnect.

The problem first showed up with timemachine failure to create directory.

I restarted with the drive connected and it was just not connected.

I plugged it back in, the power light flashed for a while. Now powerlight runs constantly.

Doesn’t mount so I can check it.

I am more experienced with Windows and Linux software new to Macintosh

this is response to mount

/dev/disk1 on / (hfs, local, journaled)

devfs on /dev (devfs, local, nobrowse)

map -hosts on /net (autofs, nosuid, automounted, nobrowse)

map auto_home on /home (autofs, automounted, nobrowse)

localhost:/0aOqwOPJpvlFf6g0Jd2Plg on /Volumes/MobileBackups (mtmfs, nosuid, read-only, nobrowse)

Christophers-MacBook-Pro:~ christophernoyes$