My Passport WD Is not recognized

I own a 1 Gb “My Passport WD” external hard drive, which was working fine either on Mac and Windows XP. For some reason is not doing it any more. When I switch it on any of my computers, it is recognized for 1’ 21", but afterwards it vanishes and whatever I was doing on the hard drive stops and I get the message “Disk not ejected properly”, without doing nothing.

Hi Antroxu, welcome to the WD Community. Have you tried running a test using Disk Utility for Mac or DLG on Windows? 

How to test a drive for defects or problems on a Mac

How to test a drive for problems using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows 

Hii, You must be worried when the Wd drive is not mounting on the Mac system, don’t worry it can be fixed and all the data from it can be recovered. You just need to follow few steps correctly. You can know more aboutthis by visiting : Mac WD my passport data recovery .

I HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM AND GETTING REALLY TICKED OFF…THERE IS NO HELP FOR THIS ANYWHERE.  I HAVE REINTSTALLED AND DELTED DRIVERS ETC…NOTHING WORKS

MacBooster is one of the best “one stop” Mac utility packages we’ve seen in a while. Allowing users control over every day processes, routines, and security issues, the software bundled in this package makes keeping your Mac running smoothly and efficiently a simple task. The comprehensive nature of MacBooster allows users a single point of control over their Mac.

It’s recommended you read its top features:
Optimize your Mac by cleaning out clutter and junk files
Protect your Mac from viruses, phishing attempts, identity theft, and other online threats
Control what programs automatically run at startup
Smart Uninstaller helps you uninstall files easily, and completely remove them
Geek on Demand gives you full 24/7 technical support for different problems and questions