My Passport Ultra FINALLY WORKING!

Hi guys, I was trying desperately to solve my problem, (My MBA wasn’t able to recognise my WD Passport Ultra, disk utility was useless since it didn’t worked either) 

I have finally managed to solve the problem, this are the steps I took to solve it:

BTW, I’m running Yosemite in a MBA early 2014.

(Mac Mini)

-I noticed my disk still worked in a Mavericks Mac Mini (mid 2009)

-I entered system preferences and took note of all NTFS programs I had (FUSE for OS X, Tuxera NTFS)

-Unlock my WD disk

-Uninstalled all WD utilities from Applications

-Erased all WD utilities in my WD disk

(MBA)

-Uninstalled all WD utilities from applications 

-Turned off Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X driver, which was the driver I was using

-I started installing FUSE and Tuxera in my MBA, installing them one by one, testing my WD disk every time I restarted it. Nothing happened. 

-I finally tried my WD in a different usb port, and it worked!!! 

I’m not sure why it started working, but I’m quite sure its because of Tuxera, or a combination of both Tuxera and Fuse. I tried to detail as much as possible the steps I took to solve my problem, if you try them I’d love to hear some updates of how it went for you. 

Best regards, iMWorks.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for sharing the outcome with the WD Community. Hopefully this will be able to help additional board members in the future.

Regards,

Hi guys, and gals. 

I finally have solved the Hard Drive problem. It’s really simple; what I did was connect it through a 2.0 USB HUB, and it is recognized each time I connect it. I guess I’m losing my 3.0 speed, but, who cares? at least it works!!.
I have attached a picture of both the My Passport WD HD and the USB HUB.

BR, MWorks.

Do you have USB 2.0 or 3.0.

I have 2.0 and the drive runs very slowly.

I have a 2tb Ultrs passport hard drive  for a mac air lap top  i am not computer smart  so it worked a couple days ago and then it was unplugged with our ejecting  restarted computer and pluged back in worked  then some how it unplugged again and now it dont load up or show up on my display,  its is working    i can hear it and the light is on  i tryed to plug in to IBM and it made noise but didnt reconize  i have very important family stuff on it and i need it     things i have done so far 

Deleted the wd soft where i think  i cant find it in the applications  

restered over and over  

tryed differnt usb ports  tryed  a cord,   any ideas any body,