My Book Live and Mountain Lion

Does the Mybook Live work with Time Machine in Mountain Lion?  I would like to upgrade from Lion but I don’t want to lose my ability to back up using Time Machine.  I have seen posts saying it’s in the works, but I haven’t found any discussion threads confirming a timeline or where it will be posted when it’s ready.  I really appreciate WD’s continued support.

Thanks.

I would wait for the my book firmware update just to be on the save side, it is normal for things to stop working after a new OS release.

yes it works

i have mbp with mountain lion and yesterday i bought my book live and it works well

Hello.

I have 3T Mybook Studio and it works with USB 2 connection, but FW800 is not working at all.

After waiting for a while and not seeing any boards really confirming this or blatantly saying it wouldn’t work, I took the chance and upgraded.  I was happy to see that my wireless backups from my MacBook Air to the My Book Live 2TB still works w/o any additional action needed.  It just worked.  (Note: My MBL was already upgraded to the latest firmware prior to the Mountain Lion upgrade)  Thank you WD for your continued support. 

If you need the FW800 try a new cable.