My Book Duo vs My Cloud Mirror

After I sent the post, I researched RAID stripe. I don’t want to fool with that. It would be too complicated to rebuild a striped array. I also researched the other RAID options. I don’t want to fool with parity. I want to keep it simple. So, RAID mirror, I would say, is my only option. My Book Duo doesn’t have network capability, right? Can I connect 2 My Passports to a My Book Duo or My Cloud Mirror & set up the My Passports as a RAID mirror so I can mirror the mirror?

I’m wondering what my options are. First, I have to decide between My Book Duo or My Cloud Mirror. I have a Mac mini desktop & a MacBook Pro. The mini is my primary computer. I want to be able to use Time Machine & back up both of them. I think that I can use Time Machine to back up both of them. One option is to have 1 backup at my parents’ house that would back up the backup at my apartment. I suppose that the backup at my parents’ house would have to be the My Cloud Mirror, right?

Please clarify the following from ArMak’s post: "Another setup you can have is  one MyCloud mirror with a MyBook Duo connected in mirror and you can do a NAS to USB backup or USB to NAS which would be a better setup so that way you can backup each MyCloud Mirror with a MyBook  Duo. " I know that NAS stands for Network Atached Storage, but I don’t understand NAS to USB or USB to NAS.

Please explain the following from ArMak’s post: " Regarding Raid with an external drive that is connected to the unit won’t be possible." Both the My Book Duo & the My Cloud Mirror ARE external drives.

If I have 2 My Book Duos in my apartment & I want one to back up the other, then both have to be physically connected, right?

Another thing that I want to do is access my mini’s files remotely from my laptop. I’m on call for dad-sitting. When I go over to my parents’ house to dad-sit, I bring my laptop. If I want to access a file on my mini, I’d have to use the My Cloud Mirror, right? I can’t access files remotely using the My Book Duo, right?