My Book 2TB immediately disconnects from Mac (OSX 10.9)

Hi there,

I bought a My Book 2Tb today. When I first plugged it into my Mac it said it wasn’t ejected properly. I probably made the misake to force the connection. But that was a few hours ago. Now the drive works on a windows laptop, without any problems.

On my Mac it is recognized for a few seconds and the disconnects. I have tried the Time Machine thing. I have reformatted the drive to exFat to use it with the Mac, didn’t work. The Mac is from 2010, so that may be a problem, I have used USB 3.0 hardware before though, with no problems.

I had a RAID error in between, now I don’t even get that anymore. I have the WD + Turbo stuff installed, no idea what it does.

I have tried the Disk Utility repair, it never had enough time to finish. I have checked the harddrive on a windows machine, it showed no problems.

What can I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

Welcome to the WD Community.

As a recommendation, make sure that the drive is connected directly to the wall outlet and if possible try formatting the drive directly on the Mac.

Hi,

thanks for the reply. Everything is connected correctly, as the harddrive works just fine with a friends Windows Laptop.

The thing is that the connection with the mac doesn’t last long enough to even start a formatting process.

I am formatting the drive on the windows laptop right now, in hopes that that will fix it.