Macbook not recognising My Passport

I am connected via USB to my laptop and one of the lights are steadily on on the external hard drive. I can’t find it in any of my settings or **bleep** utilities etc. I highly doubt it is a lack of strength in the chord. please help!!

Hello, welcome to the Community. Be sure to connect the USB cable that came bundled with the Passport directly to the Mac, longer USB cables or USB hubs can cause problems. If the problem continues try using another USB cable and if possible try connecting the Passport to another Mac. 

I have the same problem. It’s a brand new, right out of the box WD MyPassport 1TB and it’s not recognised by my Macbook Pro (Mid 2010, 13 inch). I need to back up my whole computer before installing new memory chips and internal hard drive.

This backup problem means I can’t do anything at all… A quick solution would be much appreciated

1 Like

Same problem.

Just received My Passport (For MAC) 2TB external hard drive.

Connected as instructed, sounds like spinning but not mounting on Yosemite MBP mid 2012.

Don´t even see it in Disk Utility.

I am having the same problem. I just took it out of the box and it is not showing up on my Mac. Any answers?