My book world ed. password change- help

I’m sure this question has been asked before, but for the sake of time consumption, I’m just going to ask it again in hopes someone knows off the top of their head.

I recently purchased a WD My Book 2TB external hard drive where you back up your files via wireless internet.

Upon receiving it, the default login/password are both “admin”. Before I begin to save my files on it, I would definitely prefer to have my own password/username set.

How can I set my own username and password/ How can I change the default user/pswrd?

Thank you!

heyy stefanieneves,

I would just like to clarify if you’re using a WD My Book Live? if you are, follow this steps:

CREATING A USER:

The Administrator can create users and limit what shares they can access.

1. Click the Create New User button. The Create New User panel slides down over the User List.

2. Enter all required information (indicated by red asterisk). 

1. Click the Save button. The new user is listed in the User List, and the Share Access section moves to the right pane

CHANGING A PASSWORD:

When viewing details about a user, the Administrator can change the user’s password (no password is the default setting).

1.  Select the user to display user details in the right column.

2.  Click the Update Password button to display the details about changing the password

3.  Enter the same password in both Password and Confirm Password; otherwise select the No Password check box.

4.  Click the Save button.

EDIT: if you find this post helpful, kindly click the star for kudos as a thanks for me!! :smiley:

Hey there!

Thank you kindly for responding however I have one question for you (before I can try this out) where can I go to begin it all?

Where do I go to create a new user?

(Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, I just can’t find out how to navigate around here, sorry!) 

stefanieneves wrote:

Hey there!

Thank you kindly for responding however I have one question for you (before I can try this out) where can I go to begin it all?

Where do I go to create a new user?

(Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, I just can’t find out how to navigate around here, sorry!) > * * *

To create an user login to the admin page. > Type the drive name (i.e. mybookworld) on a web browser. User name and password admin.