MB Studio II - Different problems after Mountain Lion Upgrade

I’ve been having issues with my MyBook Studio II drive after I upgraded to ML -10.8.1. I had the usual startup issues, but loaded the new FW and drivers and now it connects fine. The auto dismount has been resoilved after following directions on the WD community. However, I now get random errors coming up - drive missing! The light on front of the drive then flashes.

The device was upgraded to 2 x 2TB Green drives about a 2 year ago. I open drive manager and the status shows SMART status as good and when selecting info, shows both Disk A and Disk B as good. When the error happens, it shows Disk B as missing. However, I still seem to be able to access the drive by double clikcing the MyBook ICON on my desktop. 

I’m concerned the data on that drive is about to dissapear, I downloaded some software called SMART Reporter and ran the drive short test. it came back with 7700-8300 life time hours for the Short Offline test. The Extended OIffline test was aborted by host. Looking at the drive data it shows IO data errors, and status pre-fail for that line, but the Console is not showing any issues so seems these are not real (had this on a different machine, internal drive).

Is this just another Mountain Lion/ WD Drive incompatibility issue? Anyone else haivng similar? Any fixes?

Test programs will have a difficult time testing dual drives units

there could be some bogus messages coming up

we rarely see two drives failing at the same time

what RAID config do you have?

I just installed Drive Manager 2.2.7 and this issue is still happening. 

The drives are in RAID 0 configuration. 

I’m using two WD20EARS WDC 2TB Green drives.

Do I need to replace drive B?